CHICKS ROCK! Bloggers and Guest Bloggers should write with an awareness of the mission and vision of the blog: to share experiences of diversity, empowerment and personal growth through women’s individual and collective voices. The following guidelines will help you write a rockin' post:
- Content should always be from the author’s personal experience and should aim to educate, inspire, or motivate the reader to learn more about themselves or discover something new.
- Posts should be positive and the voice should be friendly, empowering, questioning, and inviting.
- If you are writing about a situation that upset you (discrimination, sexism, etc.), please do encourage debate and discussion. However, debate for debate’s sake or argument for argument’s sake is not appropriate.
- The #1 rule is: keep it personal! Writing about social and political issues should spark from a personal experience and be discussed from that point of view.
- Relating/connecting to a global perspective is always encouraged.
- Use images and videos sparingly and when appropriate.
- Topics should be relevant to the blog’s mission. For an example, check out our tag list.
- Posts should be approximately 250-350 words.
THE (HOPEFULLY) OBVIOUS
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated; however, you are free to link to other blogs/bloggers if appropriate. When quoting or referencing another person’s work, name and link to the original source.
- No foul or offensive language or images will be allowed. Our goal is to unite, not divide, and this is not the space for material insulting to any group (based on sex, gender, race, religion, weight, disability, etc.).
- Along with your post, please submit a photo and one or two sentences about yourself.
- Submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guest posts will go up on Thursdays or as part of our Friday Features. Please note that once your post is reviewed and accepted, we will let you know the date it will be up. Submissions will generally be posted in the order they are received, however, TWM Members will get preference for posting over non-Members.
- TWM reserves the right to refuse or remove any posts when deemed necessary or appropriate to do so.
- TWM also reserves the right to amend these guidelines at any time.
- If you're interested in becoming an ongoing TWM Blog Contributor or a recurring TWM Guest Blogger, please email us for more information and for further details regarding our policies.
Being a TWM Blog Contributor or TWM Guest Blogger will give you a voice and visibility to an audience of diverse, dynamic women that will enable you to share your experiences, thoughts, ideas, knowledge and inspiration in an expansive, safe and engaging format. We would love to hear from you!